ADP Hiring for Economic Development Manager
Title: Economic Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Vice President
The ADP Economic Development Manager is responsible for managing a variety of economic development projects. This entails both existing business and business recruitment projects, RFP submissions, project site development, and building strong relationships with all economic development allies and site selection consultants. The Economic Development Manager is an exempt position.
Education and Experience
The Economic Development Manager must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in geography, economics, business or a related field. One year full-time work experience in economic development, marketing, or business development is preferred but not required. A master’s degree in economic development is a plus and may be substituted for the full-time work experience. Significant economic development training will be required for those not meeting the preferred criteria.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have impeccable oral and written communication skills (including but not limited to developing/responding to RFPs and presenting to government bodies and company officials)
- Must be adept in assisting with the retention, expansion, and recruitment of jobs
- Must possess knowledge of local and state incentive programs (or an aptitude and desire to learn the programs in a timely manner) and ability to evaluate and use such programs to achieve economic development goals
- Will handle coordinating, compiling, and presenting annual property tax abatement requests from area industries to local units of government in close coordination with Executive Vice President
- Must demonstrate technical aptitude in site development and possess the ability to analyze and interpret complex infrastructure information from engineering firms and present to business prospects in a clear, concise, and attractive manner
- Must understand industrial and commercial real estate terminology and convey salient information to prospective clients
- Demonstrated knowledge of various computer software systems that enable effective economic development marketing and analysis and project execution, i.e. ESRI, GIS Mapping, Microsoft Office, as well as InDesign and other Adobe Suite products
- Must be able to effectively interact with the ADP staff, boards, investors, community leaders, elected officials, university officials, existing businesses, ADP members, economic development allies, and business prospects from around the world
- Must exhibit the ability to network and communicate effectively with local units of government and business prospects, while delivering positive economic results to both parties, in order to build trust and confidence in the ADP Economic Development team’s ability to grow the region’s economy including interpreting technical items found in Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs)
- Must develop strong relationships with local industry leaders and workforce training partners to ensure the employment needs of local businesses are being met and exceeded
- Must exude confidence yet demonstrate humility
- Must be passionate about promoting the Hattiesburg region
- Must have a sincere concern for helping maintain and create new jobs around the region
- Other duties will be required as assigned by the ADP President and Executive Vice President
- Out of area travel is required approximately 15% of the time
- Working before hours and after hours will be necessary at times
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to Todd Jackson, Executive Vice President, ADP, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, resumes must be submitted to the ADP by 5:00 p.m. central time on Friday, July 22, 2022.
The Area Development Partnership (ADP) is a 501(c)6 non-profit regional chamber of commerce and economic development agency representing Greater Hattiesburg – Forrest, Lamar, Perry and Covington counties, with a population base of 170,000. The ADP has approximately 810 members. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth through the resources of our members and partners leading to an improved economic well-being and quality of life for Greater Hattiesburg Area citizens. For additional information, please visit www.theadp.com.