ADP Hiring for Community Development Director
Title: Community Development Director Date: 6/2019
The Community Development Director is responsible for managing the ADP’s Community Development efforts in close coordination with the ADP’s EVP, Economic Development and President. The Community Development Director will be engaged in local, state, and federal governmental affairs, military relations, university relations, etc. The Community Development Director is responsible for managing and supervising the Community Development Coordinator. The Community Development Director is also responsible for marketing the Southeast Mississippi Community Investment Corporation (SEMCIC) loan program, working on education initiatives with the Chamber of Commerce Division, supporting chamber staff with legislative and military events, and assisting the economic development team with all aspects of accomplishing the division’s goals and objectives. The SEMCIC loan program requires close interaction with the ADP’s VP, Finance and Administration. The Community Development Director is an exempt position.
Education and Experience
The Community Development Director must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field. A minimum of one year full-time work experience in community development,
economic development, marketing, or business development is preferred, but not required. A master’s degree in economic development is a plus. Significant economic development/governmental affairs
training will be required for those not meeting the preferred criteria.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee, guide, and implement all ADP Education Initiatives including Mission Possible, JumpStart, Teachers in the Workplace, and the ADP’s Education Task Force, ensuring a successful
connection between educators, students and area businesses
• Learn, manage and effectively promote the SEMCIC loan program while interacting closely with SEMCIC member banks, SEMCIC board members and loan applicants
• Analyze all SEMCIC loan applications in close coordination with member banks and manage loan portfolio to ensure high collection percentage
• Supervise and direct the job responsibilities, tasks and time management of the Community Development Coordinator
• Serve as ADP liaison with Mississippi Military Communities Council (MMCC) and be highly involved in all aspects of government, military, university and general community relations, including downtown redevelopment efforts
• Be knowledgeable of state and local governmental processes and prepared to summarize and analyze legislative information quickly and efficiently for the Economic Development team
• Serve as the link between the Economic Development and Chamber of Commerce Divisions and work closely with the Chamber team in organizing and managing related programs and events
• Attend and represent the ADP at select meetings with area units of government and be knowledgeable of current status of Economic Development efforts, as well as Chamber of Commerce events
• Effectively interact with the ADP staff, boards, investors, community leaders, elected officials, university officials, existing businesses, ADP members, community and economic development allies, etc.
• Possess a strong desire to build relationships in the community and consistently follow up with community partners to ensure necessary tasks are completed timely
• Other duties as required and assigned by the ADP President and EVP, Economic Development
• Must have impeccable oral and written communication skills
• Must exude confidence yet demonstrate humility
• Must work extremely well in a team environment
• Must be passionate about promoting the Hattiesburg region
• Must have a desire to help small businesses grow and prosper and to maintain and create new jobs around the region
• Long and/or irregular hours and out of town travel will be necessary at times
• Must attend ADP functions
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to Todd Jackson, EVP, Economic Development, ADP, at email@example.com. For consideration, resumes must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. central time on Friday, July 12, 2019.
The Area Development Partnership (ADP) is a non-profit regional chamber of commerce and economic development organization representing Greater Hattiesburg with a population base of 150,000. The ADP has approximately 860 members. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth through the resources of our members and partners leading to an improved economic well-being and quality of life for Greater Hattiesburg Area citizens. For additional information, please visit www.theadp.com.