ADP Hiring for Community Development Coordinator
Title: Community Development Coordinator Date: 8/2018
Reports to: Community Development Director
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the ADP’s Community Development efforts in close coordination with the ADP’s Community Development Director and Executive Vice President, Economic Development. The Community Development Coordinator is a non-exempt position.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, communications, or related field is required. A minimum of one year work experience in community development, economic development, marketing, or public relations is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Development Coordinator will assist the Community Development Director in carrying out duties outlined in the Community Development program of work including, but not limited to:
- Planning and execution of all ADP education initiatives and events including Mission: Possible, Jumpstart to Success, Teachers in the Workplace, and new education and workforce development initiatives and job fairs
- Assisting with projects geared towards marketing and promoting downtown/regional development/redevelopment, including the creation of business guides, property guides, and other promotional materials and events
- Assisting with military and legislative affairs and events
- Marketing and administrative duties of the SEMCIC loan program including, but not limited to, management of marketing materials, social media, and the loan application process
- Creating and leading an entrepreneurial network and an entrepreneur toolkit to better connect entrepreneurs to local, regional, and state resources
- Identifying grant funding opportunities that can be utilized by local units of government for community development related projects
- Other duties as assigned by the ADP President, Executive Vice President, Economic Development, and Community Development Director
- Must learn the SEMCIC loan program and promote it effectively while interacting closely with current loan recipients to ensure high collection percentage
- Must be knowledgeable of current Economic Development efforts and Chamber of Commerce events
- Must be passionate about promoting the Hattiesburg region, have a sincere concern for helping maintain and create new jobs, a desire to help small businesses grow and prosper, and a desire to help connect educators and students with area businesses
- Must be able to effectively interact with the ADP staff, boards, investors, community leaders, elected officials, university officials, existing businesses, ADP members, and economic development allies, etc.
- Anticipate and effectively handle a large amount of details with concurrent and overlapping deadlines for completion
- Must work extremely well in a team environment under above average pressure
- Organize, process and maintain records and files
- Long and/or irregular work hours will be necessary at times
- Must have impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Exude confidence yet demonstrate humility
- Attend ADP functions
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to Daniel Jayroe, Community Development Director, ADP, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For consideration, resumes must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. central time on Friday, August 24, 2018.
The Area Development Partnership (ADP) is a non-profit regional chamber of commerce and economic development organization representing Greater Hattiesburg with a population base of 150,000. The ADP has approximately 860 members. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth through the resources of our members and partners leading to an improved economic well-being and quality of life for Greater Hattiesburg Area citizens. For additional information, please visit www.theadp.com.