ADP Hiring for Community Development Coordinator
Title: Community Development Coordinator
Reports to: Community Development Manager
The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the ADP’s Community Development efforts in close coordination with the ADP’s Community Development Manager and Executive Vice President. This position is part of the Economic Development Division. The Community Development Coordinator is a non-exempt position.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, communications, or related field is required. A minimum of one year work experience in community development, economic development, marketing, or public relations is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Development Coordinator will assist the Community Development Manager in carrying out duties outlined in the Community Development program of work including, but not limited to:
- Planning and execution of current ADP education and workforce development initiatives such as Mission: Possible, Jumpstart to Success, and Teachers in the Workplace, as well as all legislative and military events and job fairs
- Assisting the Community Development Director, as needed, on additional projects related to workforce development, military and legislative affairs, and downtown/regional development
- Marketing and administrative duties of the SEMCIC loan program including social media management, marketing materials, interacting with current loan recipients to ensure high collection percentage, providing support to the SEMCIC Board of Directors, and partnering with USM’s Small Business Development Center
- Supporting and connecting business leaders with key local education programs including Pre-K collaboratives, high school CTE, and Work Based Learning programs and ACT Work Ready Community efforts
- Supporting local efforts and seeking opportunities to develop an entrepreneurial network to help better connect entrepreneurs to local, regional, and state resources
- Identifying grant funding opportunities for parks and recreation, quality-of-life, and other developments that can be utilized by local units of government for community development related projects
- Administrative duties related to the creation and launching of new community development initiatives including programs focused on beautification and racial equity
- Completing the quarterly Cost of Living Index (COLI)
- Assisting with the creation of real estate overviews and retail packets, and other responsibilities as assigned
- Assisting the Community Development Manager with the Business Case for Racial Equity Taskforce
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Must be knowledgeable of current Economic Development efforts and Chamber of Commerce events
- Must be passionate about promoting the Hattiesburg region, have a sincere concern for helping to maintain and create new jobs, a desire to help small businesses grow and prosper, and a desire to help connect educators and students with area businesses
- Must be able to effectively interact with the ADP staff, boards, investors, community leaders, elected officials, university officials, existing businesses, ADP members, and economic development allies, etc.
- Anticipate and effectively handle a large amount of details with concurrent and overlapping deadlines for completion
- Must work extremely well in a team environment under above average pressure
- Organize, process and maintain records and files
- Must have impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Exude confidence yet demonstrate humility
- Must attend ADP functions
- Long and/or irregular work hours will be necessary at times
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and salary requirements electronically to Todd Jackson, Executive Vice President, ADP, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, resumes must be submitted to the ADP by 5:00 p.m. central time on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
The Area Development Partnership (ADP) is a 501(c)6 non-profit regional chamber of commerce and economic development agency representing Greater Hattiesburg – Forrest, Lamar, Perry and Covington counties, with a population base of 170,000. The ADP has approximately 810 members. Our mission is to stimulate economic growth through the resources of our members and partners leading to an improved economic well-being and quality of life for Greater Hattiesburg Area citizens. For additional information, please visit www.theadp.com.