The Area Development Partnership (ADP) has a proud heritage in the community beginning in 1906 as the Commercial Club of Hattiesburg and then chartered as the Hattiesburg Chamber of Commerce in 1933. A new era began in 1992 when the Hattiesburg Chamber merged with the Forrest County Development Foundation to form the Area Development Partnership.
In 2001, the ADP merged with the Lamar County Chamber of Commerce, taking on the responsibility of chamber services for the two-county area. On May 1, 2002, the ADP entered into a contract agreement with Lamar County for Economic Development services. The ADP expanded its regional focus with Perry County on December 5, 2003. The partnership of these organizations is a step toward strengthening regionalism, that is, selling our area as one market.